Monday 2 April 2012

Monday 2nd April 2012 - Spring Update

I've not written a blog for a while so thought it was about time I provided an update of what has been seen and what is happening around the park.

Well, spring is definitely here with the dafs in full bloom (although some are looking worse for wear after last week with the warm weather).  Crocuses have been and gone, and the buds are out with a lot of greenery on the trees and shrubs.

Yesterday, (Yes I know it was 1st April) I had a fantastic view of a Rose Necked Parakeet near the memorial feeding off catkins, and as well as a Great Spotted Woodpecker, I managed to see 3 x Nuthatches.  2 x were in the area I like to call Squirrel Alley near the pools, looking as if they were searching for an appropriate nesting site.  My first Coal Tit in the Park was spotted yesterday also, so quite a good day for sightings.

I saw a Little Grebe on 4th and 27th March which was a nice spot, and the winter visitors seem to have all migrated as the last time I saw a Redwing in the park was 21st February.  There are still 8 x Swans on the pool with a nest on the central island.  

Mistle Thrushes are a regular sighting and you can't seem to walk through the park without seeing at least half a dozen Blackbirds.


No comments:

Post a Comment